I suspect you saw just as I did this AM that the first frost of the year arrived last night. Well, at least it did in my area. Perhaps you have already had a frost. Either way, it's a good reminder to hurry up and finish winterizing your yard, if you have not already done so.
- Picking the last of your summer veggies. Use them, give them away or find a way to can or freeze them.
- Pulling up the plant remnants and mulching your beds.
- Planting winter greens such as sugar snap peas, cabbage, lettuce etc if so inclined.
- Purchasing a cover for your hot-tub and using it.
- Purchasing a cover for your grill and covering it well.
- Stashing your grill and outdoor furniture away in storage (If you are like me, keep 1-2 chairs out for the sunny warm afternoons we are still having).
- Clearing any leaves and branches from your driveway, yard and sidewalk as they accumulate.
- Buying material to wrap your outdoor pipes if needed.
- Picking up planters, chairs, toys and anything else the wind can toss in the air.
- Tying back any plants you want to keep that might be sensitive to the wind.
- Crossing your fingers and hope for snow! (smile)
- Don't forget to shop Rich's for the Home if you are in need of a stove or fireplace for the winter.