Don't do it quite yet! Of course, some of our warmest weather comes about at the end of August and September and you want everything accessible to enjoy the rest of the summer weather. But you can start thinking about what you will do when the sudden rain and wind of Fall comes along. As you know, sometimes it is a sudden change in the season for us and it is good to be ready.
If you just purchased new goodies this year, I hope that you thought ahead. But if not, it's not too late to:
- Make room in the garage for the furniture and grill.
- Buy a grill cover and (best option) find a covered place for it.
- Find a cover or large sheet of plastic for your yard umbrella.
- Make or purchase a small shed for your yard for all your goodies.
- Make room inside a warmer area for any rolled up rugs, upholstery, fabric-covered or other items that might mold in a cold shed.
- Make room in your kitchen or a sealed box for accessories, portable lighting, nick-knacks, etc. Make sure you wrap breakables well.
- Save planters and pots for next year. Consider emptying this year's dirt in your compost bin if you have one.
- Consider new mulch for your flowerbeds to cover them for winter.
- Purchase a cover for your hot-tub.
- Have supplies ready to wrap pipes if freezing weather comes.
- Check your power outage supplies
- Check your fuel supply and primary and secondary heat source.