Well, did you get your patio furniture and flower pots yet? I will admit-I am running behind. Where did the time go? Here it is-SPRING already. Time to get it in gear, Jules!
I have a friend who just carefully potted about five plants-for his living room. Oh-and he bought a new area rug too. Then of course, he had everyone over to show it off.
But it got me thinking-my outdoor living space isn’t quite done yet. His is done-pout-and includes flowers, fire-pit and BBQ. I need to catch up, so here is my list of to-do’s:
- Buy 3 pots and plant them full.
- Scrounge up 2 wooden planters from last year and plant them.
- Buy 2-3 hanging baskets, already planted.
- Choose flowers that compliment patio décor.
- Choose flowers that won’t die if I forget to water them once or twice during the summer.
- Choose plants that bloom at different times for ongoing flowers.
- Let my 6 year old help me with planting and watering.
- Let my older two help with placement of the pots.
- Weed the bed by the patio.
- Look at getting a better Welcome-Mat-Thingy. Mine just might break when I pick it up.
- Check deck for any staining and painting touch-ups needed.
- Check wooden furniture for same.
- Pull out cushions and check for wear and tear (and critters). Wipe down.
- Arrange chairs and table.
- Sweep deck.
- Take a deep breath and relax (whew!)
Come on- help keep me motivated. Share your to-do list for spring in the comment section.