Even if you have an official vacation planned this season, it will do both you and your loved ones good if you plan respites at home to relax your body and mind. Following through with planned respites will increase your health, vitality and even your lifespan. Make it a priority at least twice a week and you will reap many benefits.
Here are some summer respites that you can do right in your own backyard.
- Plan a spa date alone or with a loved one. Play music and focus on relaxation.
- Make a glass of iced tea or hot tea and sit for an hour in your fave chaise lounge. Clear your mind of responsibilities and focus on thinking about what you love. Or, read a good book.
- Have a fave tree? If it has strong branches, climb up into it. You will have plenty of time before anyone even realizes where you are at.
- Breathe deeply when you are relaxing. We don't realize it-but we often limit our breathing. Muscle tension will melt away when enough oxygen is flowing.
- Blow bubbles. I'm not kidding. Even better, blow bubbles and chase them around the yard.
- Stretch out on your grass and spend time researching the sky. Best if the stars are out.
- Take a nap in the yard.
- Perform yoga or stretching exercises in your yard.
- Plant some flowers.
- If you have a porch swing, it can be very relaxing to curl up on it and swing back and forth.