We’re celebrating by sponsoring the Kids Q Best Burger Competition at the Northwest BBQ Championship. If you have an aspiring young pitmaster or chef at home, be sure to enter your child in the competition – first prize is a Mini Green Egg!
Here are details about the Kids Q BBQ Contest:
- The “Best Burger” contest is for 8-15 year olds.
- All levels of cooking experience are encouraged to compete.
- Each team is required to have at least one adult present at all times. Adults will tend the heat source, handle knives and check meat for doneness only.
- Adults may not help cook, season, or garnish the burger.
- Meat will be supplied by the sponsor.
- Each team is responsible for heat source, utensils, recipe ingredients, buns, garnish, and seasonings for the entry.
- This will be an open heat source contest. Each contestant must present at least 6 portions for judging.
- This will be an open garnish/platter category. Presentation platters, if used, will be limited to 18”X24”.
- There is a $25 entry fee; proceeds benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
To register, click the link for the registration form.
For more information, call Rich’s Bellevue showroom, 425-373-3299
In addition to the Kids Q competition, 25 adult championship BBQ teams will compete in four categories to become the Grand and Reserve Champions of the Northwest BBQ Championship:
- Pork Ribs
- Pulled Pork
- Beef Brisket
The Grand Champion qualifies for the American Royal Invitational BBQ contest in Kansas City and Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Drawing.
In addition to the competitions, there’ll be food sales, raffles, and a silent auction.
The Northwest BBQ Championship is a fantastic event for your entire family. It will be May 22-23 at Eastside Harley-Davidson, located in Bellevue at 14408 NE 20th St, just a stone’s throw from Rich’s Bellevue Showroom.