- 2 lbs ground, thawed hamburger
- 2 tbsp minced onion or finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of bread, crumbled up
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Hamburger is best kneaded by using hands.
- Form patties.
- Place on grill.
- Flip when edges brown. They are done when juice runs clear.
- Eat on hamburger buns or without buns.
MIX IT UP:
- Add some crunch to the patties with finely chopped peppers.
- Steak sauces add a different taste.
- Some people also like a small amount of finely chopped tomatoes mixed in. Limit these and insure they are chopped very small.
- Shredded cheddar cheese added to the mix is another variation we have tried.
- Like meatloaf, you can also spread ketchup on top for the last five minutes of cooking for a tomato crust on top.