It serves four and competes to win with a Coney Island Dog. She recommends it to us as a crowd-pleaser and I must say that I agree!
WHAT YOU NEED:
For White Hots:
- 4 bratwursts, Johnsonville
- 4 French rolls toasted
For Meat Sauce:
- 8 oz. lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-oz.) lower-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 1 tsp. spice Montreal steak seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, combine ground beef, beef broth, chili sauce, onion, steak seasoning and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring to break up meat into fine pieces.
- Reduce heat; simmer gently for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until liquid is evaporated.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over low heat.
- Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Place Johnsonville brats on hot, oiled grill.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until done, turning every five minutes.
- Serve hot on toasted rolls.
- Top with the meat sauce and additional chopped onion.