Expert's note: Hot sauce can be made up to 4 days in advance and kept refrigerated. To use, simply warm the sauce before brushing it on the corn.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 6 large ears of corn in the husk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing
Peel the husk back from the corn and remove the silk. Do not remove the husk. Set aside.
Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and puree until smooth. In a medium saucepan, bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Turn off heat and whisk in butter chunks until melted.
Brush corn with the sauce and wrap tightly in the husks. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes to prevent the husk from burning. When cooked, peel back the husk and serve with Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing for dipping.