I don’t know if it is "politically correct" to call them HOBO PACKETS anymore but a search of the Internet and my Cooking Books indicates that the name is still in use. This is a version that my mom always made and now I make it too. It’s easy, good, and combines your vegetable and starch into one dish-making grilling your full dinner easy.
You Will Need:
- One 6"x6" square of foil for each serving
- Diced up potatoes (buy frozen, plain hash browns for the quickest version)
- Frozen, fresh (cut off stalk) or canned corn (drain)
- Butter or margarine
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped (small) Peppers or Onions (optional) for a little spice
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into center of foil squares.
- Fold or twist top ends of foil together.
- Place on grill for 20-25 minutes. They are done when the potatoes are soft.
Easy! And even the kids like them.