You can't beat good old fashioned fun in the backyard when guests come over. Many classic group games include hiding and there is a reason for that of course-it's fun, can be challenging and works for all age groups. It's also easy to team up and therefore help the younger participants. Here are a couple of classic hiding games for a ton of fun.
Use two people or small groups of two. One hides. The other counts to 20 (or whatever) and then looks for the one(s) hiding.
Mix it Up:
- After the person is found, have the searcher tag the hider. Then both run to Home Base. First there wins.
- Play as a group. Start with one person hiding. Each time someone finds the person hiding, they join them.
- Make boundaries so that they can only hide in certain places.
Mix it Up:
- Each time a new person joins the group, the entire group has to sing a short song or say a short poem out-loud.
- Play inside versus outside.
- Give a time limit. It should be a goal to have everyone into the hiding place by a certain time.