Why not make it a very cool BBQ right in your own backyard? Here are some ideas to make it the best bash yet:
- Decide on a menu early. Then make a list and stick to it when shopping. This will prevent a ton of stress and standing in the aisle of a store thinking "Oh maybe I should add THAT."
- Keep special diets in mind. And provide grill veggies or veggie burgers in addition to meats.
- Shop the day before Labor Day not on Labor Day.
- Make sure your grill is working and that you have all supplies needed before Labor Day.
- Have enough chairs for most of your guests.
- Involve the kids and family in fun things like decorating.
- Consider placing an older child in charge of games. Have a backup plan but try to play what they want to play. It will be fun.
- Don't forget to call or email family and friends to invite them to the gathering.
- Plan for only a couple hours, but be willing to hang out with those who want to stay later.