It's not too late to make a great impression in your outdoor room with plants. If you are planning a 4th of July party, family reunion or any other kind of gathering this summer, it's time to plant. Plants, whether veggies or flowers, can make a great impression in your decor and even offer opportunity for conversations starters and a bit of horticulture education.
If you want to plant veggies, stir it up by:
- Plant unusual veggies that the common person may not recognize.
- Use the veggies in the food you offer your guests.
- Plant veggies that offer a beautiful blossom.
- Think outside the box. Nothing wrong with planting (for instance) a few cucumbers in a hanging basket.
If you want to use flowers in your outside room decor, consider:
- Overfilling the planters. It will be more beautiful for one-season flowers.
- Mix it up with both tall and shorter flowers in your flowerbeds.
- Consider edible flowers.
- Work with colors that match your house and any features of your outdoor room.
- Be sensitive to placing flowers that draw bees too close to your guests.
Plants will help every outdoor room look fresh and feel relaxing. They also work wonders to add a bit of color and cheer. Don't forget to water them when they are dry and give them sun. Happy plants=happy guest and happy plant-owners.