Ever watch that show on TV? You know-the one where they redecorate an entire room without spending a dime? Instead, they pull decor in from other areas of the home. The results are sometimes amazing and although I am not a professional, I recently saw an outdoor room that seriously needed a redesign.
Here it is before.
And here after.
Here are the changes:
- Addition of area rug.
- Covering of table, added place settings, vase and lily.
- Elimination of blue chairs. In spite of several changes, they just didn't work.
- Addition of indoor chairs. They will work for temporary until we can buy a new set from Rich's for the Home.
- Movement of chaise lounge to left corner to create a separate area (hint:great thing to do when you have a piece of furniture that matches but doesn't quite fit with the others)
- Addition of house plant inside current ceramic pot, an antique plant stand, colbalt blue glass accents, fish basket and magazines also in that corner.
As I look back on the picture, an ideal spot to spice it up a little more would be to use an art piece on the wall behind the table.
Also, if it wasn't a redesign with only items already obtained, a few more tall plants in front of the windows and a Tempest Torch from Rich's would add even more.