What beats feeling like a cooked noodle after a soak in hot, jetted streams of water?
Not much. Except maybe a good night’s rest.
I bet you already know this-but hydrotherapy is a way to increase the quality of your sleep-and therefore your life. We have it on good authority that sleep is essential to good health of the mind, body and spirit. Heading for that spa before you hit your bed can make a big difference in how much your body relaxes-and therefore how quickly you move into Stage 4 sleep-where real rest occurs.
Here are some other ways to help you gain a restful night’s sleep:
- Limit activity before bed.
- Have a wind-down time with reading, writing, relaxation, etc.
- Leave work at work.
- Drink caffeine only before 6pm.
- Prioritize your sleep time.
- Try not to take naps, if at all possible.
- Use meditation, prayers, journaling or talking to someone to express your feelings.
- Make sure that your bed is supportive and works for you.You should not be waking up with pain or stiffness.
- See a doctor if sleep eludes you or you don’t feel rested upon awakening (on a consistent basis).
How has hydrotherapy helped you relax and live better? Please comment and let us know.