Cheesecake is hands-down my fave dessert. Nothing beats it. So I love to find variations on cheesecake recipes and give them a try. Of course, I was delighted beyond words to find one that you can actually make on the grill. Yum! I can't wait to try it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3/4 of a box of Dare's Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 large packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups mixed fruit, fresh or frozen (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- Put the oatmeal cookies into a food processer and chop until fine. Mix in the melted buttter to create a paste like texture. Pour mixture into an alluminum pan (approx 12 X 10 inches) greased or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and press firmly creating a crust.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until it is fluffy and smooth. Add the the eggs, butter and vanilla all at once and beat until fluffy.
- Coat the cookie crust with the honey spreading it thinly. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of the fruit on top of the honey and then add the cream cheese mixture. Keep the other 1/2 cup of fruit aside. Cook on a preheated BBQ at medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. Do not cover while cooking but do close the BBQ lid. Cool completely and then refrigerate.
Serve cold and top it with the remaining fruit.
Check often. Mmmmmmm