I don’t know about you, but my family really enjoyed the Teriyaki Rice Bowls that Jack-in-the-Box used to make so now that they aren’t carrying them, we set about trying to make one that tasted similar. Similar, we got. Not exact but perhaps we can keep trying various sauces and let you know. In the meantime, this was yummy and we even warmed up and ate the leftovers the next day.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5 cups water
- 2.5 cups rice
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 16 oz teriyaki sauce
- 1.5 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Dash of pepper
- Choose a pan for the rice that has 2-3 extra inches of space on the top.
- Boil water and add the rice after boiling. Turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes.
- Cook and dice the chicken. Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan when chicken is cooked.
- Dice the veggies.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking the rice, throw the veggies on top of the rice (don’t stir) and cover again.
- When the rice is done, combine all the ingredients and mix well.