This was an experiment on a fairly standard fruit salad. It adds a twist and as all the candy out there these days seems to be sour, the kids really like it too. It tends to make an appearance at all our holiday gatherings and get-togethers.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 cups diced melon #1 of your choice
- 4 cups diced melon #2 of your choice
- 2 cups grapes of your choice
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples, with skin
- Half cup of lemon juice
- 12 oz jar of maraschino cherries, drained
- Stir apples into lemon juice until coated. Drain out extra lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Served best when fresh.