I hesitated before naming this one because “Barbeque Roast Beef” sounds like the saucy beef you place on sandwiches and that is not what I wanted. I wanted a full roast beef cooked on the grill like those turkeys you hear about, with some barbeque flavor.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2-3 pound roast beef, thawed completely
- 1-2 packets of dry onion soup mix (depending how much onion taste you like)
- 1.5 cups of catsup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey OR brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- Small amt of cornstarch if needed for thickening (if using honey)
- Mix all ingredients except roast in a bowl.
- Place roast on at least three layers of large foil sheets.
- Coat roast in sauce mixture on all sides.
- Seal foil tightly around roast.
- Place on grill and flip every 30 minutes for about 2 hours. Works best over indirect heat (light charcoal than move it to the side or light one side of gas grill and roast on other side)