While holiday meals traditionally mean “turkey and stuffing” or “ham," many of us dare to think outside the box. Last Thanksgiving, in addition to the usual big bird, my brother smoked a delicious roast in his outdoor grill.
If you’d like to try something different, here are some delicious recipes you can prepare on your Broilmaster grill or Big Green Egg.
Click the following link to download and print all the holiday grilling recipes displayed in this post.
The following three recipes are from our friends at Broilmaster
Click here to download the free Broilmaster Recipe Book
The following recipe is from our friends at Big Green Egg
Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry
Serves 4 as a main course, or 8 as a side dish
Use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrots, zucchini, and squash into wide, thin ribbons, then cut the ribbons lengthwise into thin julienned slices with a knife. You will have a medley of brightly colored vegetables all intertwined like long, thin, beautiful noodles. This is a dish that cooks in a matter of minutes and would go well as a side dish with roasted chicken or pork.
½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (1 orange)
½ cup rice wine vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
4 teaspoons red curry paste
½ cup peanut oil
1 cup sliced shallots
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups julienned red bell pepper
2 cups snow peas
4 cups julienned napa cabbage
2 cups julienned carrots
2 cups julienned zucchini
2 cups julienned yellow crookneck squash
4 cups bean sprouts
18 to 20 scallions, green parts only, cut in half lengthwise
1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
½ cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
1 cup thinly sliced red radishes
1 cup chopped peanuts
Porcelain coated grid, Dutch Oven
Set the EGG for direct cooking with the porcelain coated grid.
Preheat the EGG to 400ºF.
Set the Dutch Oven on the grid and preheat for 10 minutes.
To make the sauce, use a whisk to stir the lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and red curry paste together in a small bowl.
- Pour the peanut oil into the preheated Dutch Oven.
- Add the shallots, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, and snow peas.
- Close the lid of the EGG and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, zucchini, squash, bean sprouts, and scallions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the Dutch Oven from the heat, then add the basil, cilantro, and mint and stir.
- Place the mixture in individual bowls and garnish with the radishes and peanuts. Serve immediately.
—From Big Green Egg Cookbook/Andrews McMeel Publishing
Click here for additional recipes for Big Green Egg
More Delicious Grilling Recipes from Rich’s blog
- Brine & BBQ Your Holiday Turkey
- Honey-Apple Pork Chops
- Beer-Butt Chicken Recipe for the Big Green Egg
- Warm Potato Salad With Beer, Grilled Honey Salmon, and Grilled Strawberry Kebobs
- Char-Grilled Oysters Recipe for your Weber Grill
- Molten Chocolate Cake Recipe for the Big Green Egg, PLUS Win the EGG Cookbook!
- Berry Delicious BBQ Cheesecake
We provide daily tips and Internet-only specials on our Facebook page. Hope you’ll “like” us, and encourage your Facebook friends to join us, too.
Subscribe to Rich's Blog
Subscribe to our blog via your feed reader or receive our latest posts in your e-mail Inbox. Simply click “Subscribe to this blog’s feed” or fill out the form located in the right-hand sidebar of our blog.
For more details about our products and for directions to our five Puget Sound showrooms, visit Rich's website, richshome.com
Stop by any of Rich's 5 Puget Sound showrooms in Lynnwood, Bellevue, Tacoma, Southcenter, and Silverdale and ask to see our full line of outdoor grills and grilling accessories.