Are you the type who doesn’t want their income limited by a set salary? Are you energetic? A go-getter? Self-starters will thrive at Rich’s as the only limits on achievement here are those you set for yourself. Retail and/or sales experience is a bonus, but we welcome anyone with ambition, vision, and drive to succeed.
Our sales people are compensated in concert with their work ethic. The harder they work, the more they make. They see themselves as an owner in Rich’s rather than simply an employee. And while they can stay on a salary after their training period, most choose straight commission to maximize their income.
Do You Like Working With A Team?
Rich’s for the Home is a team/family environment, so a sales candidate must be able to work well with others, be willing to learn from and teach others, and resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
Characteristics of a Rich’s Sales Person
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service-oriented
- Emotional maturity
- Networking skills
- Persistent, a good negotiator
- Ability to recognize and overcome objections
- Ability to read the customer
- Great follow-up skills
- Sales experience
- Retail experience
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Experience learning new skills
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be able to safely lift 60 lbs for hot tub deliveries on a regular basis
- Provide excellent customer service
- Deliver product to client’s homes
- Pick up product from local vendors
- Pull and stage orders
- Load and unload freight
- Make sure orders are correct and prioritize daily workloads
Our pay scale changes based on experience, but we have a variety of options for new employees as they work toward a straight-commission. An hourly wage plus partial commission is where most of our sales staff begin while they are trained on our specific products.
Once a sales employee switches to straight commission, they generally start to see their yearly income gradually increase as they become more and more adept and gain a deeper knowledge of our products. Rich’s does everything in our power to help our sales team meet their yearly goals—but it really comes down to the motivation of each individual team member.